Apply Now for Financial Aid
New year FAFSA’s are now available to complete as early as October 1 of the preceding award year.
You must reapply with a new FAFSA every award year. Summer quarter always starts a new award year. You must complete the FAFSA for the award year that has the year that starts in summer and ends in spring. For example, if you are interested in being considered for aid for enrollment through June 30, 2019, you would complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA.
Students are accepted into CityU programs throughout the year. You don’t need to wait to be admitted to file your FAFSA. When applying, keep the following financial aid time frames in mind:
- We will communicate with you primarily through your CityU email account.
- It takes about 1 week for CityU to receive an online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) transmission from the Federal Processor from the date you submit a valid FAFSA.
- Although we may have received your FAFSA transmission, we are unable to download the data until you are an admitted student and have received and reviewed all of your academic transcripts.
- Once admitted, it can take about 1 week* to set up an award offer, if we do not require any additional documentation or information from you.
- FAFSA’s completed October 1 through May 1 of the prior award year will not be reviewed until May.
- If you are selected for a process called Verification, or receive communication from our office that we require additional information or documentation, it can take 1-2 weeks* to process that documentation once all of the necessary information has been submitted. We are unable to set up an award offer until all documentation and information has been received and reviewed.
- We are unable to disburse financial aid funds to your tuition account until an award notice has been completed through the Student Service Center located on your Student Dashboard. If loans are accepted, a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling must also be completed through https://studentloans.gov
- Financial aid funds are disbursed to student’s tuition accounts and are posted by the Business Office. Available financial aid funds can be disbursed only once per week, on Tuesdays. Any credit balance funds after tuition and fees are paid are made available the following week.
*Processing time is dependent upon whether or not additional documentation has been requested, and processing times may be extended during heavy processing times (May – July).
All CityU students can learn about financial education through http://www.360financialliteracy.org/
Contact staff in our office with any questions.
- FA Form 20-21 V4 Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose [pdf]
- FA Form 20-21 Data Sheet Planner Private Loans [pdf]
- FA Form 2020-2021 Data Sheet Parent PLUS Loan [pdf]
- FA Form 20-21 Parent Signature Form [pdf]
- FA Form 2020-2021 TPD Discharge Clearance [pdf]
- FA Form 2020-2021 Form TPD Student Acknowledgement [pdf]
- FA Form Form Citizenship and Immigration Status eff.6-2020 [pdf]
- FA Form How to Submit Documents [pdf]
- FA Policy - Financial Aid Code of Conduct eff 3-2019 [pdf]
- FA Policy - Refund and Repayment due to Withdrawal eff 3-2019 [pdf]
- FA Policy - Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) eff 7-2020 [pdf]
- FA Consumer Information Student Loans Code of Conduct [pdf]
- FA Consumer Information Disbursements eff.6-2020 [pdf]
- FA Consumer Information Financial Aid Awards eff. 6-2020 [pdf]
- FA Consumer Information Drops and Withdrawals eff. 6-2020 [pdf]
- How to Apply and Program Information
- File your FAFSA Online Today!
- Scholarships for Washington Students
- View your Federal Aid History Using Your FSA ID
- Request IRS Tax Return Transcript
- CityU Net Price Calculator
- How to Purchase Books through the CityU Bookstore Using Financial Aid
- Recommended Browser Settings for CityU Portal